Location: Terroni – Price Street
Position: Seasonal Sommelier
Terroni’s Midtown flagship location at Yonge and Price has an opening for SEASONAL FULL-TIME SOMMELIER, from May to October.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Sommelier training (CAPS, ISG, WSET, etc.).
- Knowledge of Italian food and wine
- 2 years hospitality experience
- Assist guests with all-Italian wine list, make appropriate selections and the table service of bottles
- Flexible availability (including some evenings and weekends)
- Be available on the floor during dinner service
- Assist bartenders by fetching wine in cellar during service
- Answering staff questions concerning wine list
- Run drinks when necessary
- Some heavy lifting required (up to 20kg)
- Maintain the storage of wine and ensure cleanliness
- Assist bar in the stocking of wine glasses
- Some knowledge of Italian language is an asset but not mandatory
- Hardworking and punctual
- Passion for food and wine and good taste
- Personable and friendly demeanor
- Good presentational skills and likes interacting with the public
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player and ability to nurture strong working relationships
- Professional appearance with good personal hygiene
Hourly Wage: Hourly + Tip Out
Please reply with a brief cover note and your resume.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position and appreciate all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.