Position: Cheese Monger/Fromager (Cheese Expert)
Terroni and Cumbraes have teamed up to develop an exciting new project in mid-town Toronto.
As we continue to expand our businesses, we are seeking a Cheese Monger with solid management experience in retail and hospitality to assist with the day to day management of the cheese related departments of the business.
The ideal candidate is someone familiar of our core business, its rewards and challenges, and has the specialized skills necessary to understand the requirements of the industry.
Please apply only if you have directly related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of fresh, aged, international and domestic cheeses
- Identifies, purchases, and maintains a product listing that fits unique buying habits and Artisanal variations
- Ensures correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotations of merchandise and building displays to maximize sales
- Performs inspection of all items including incoming and current products ensuring quality and freshness
- Monitor and control inventory by working with general managers and vendors to ensure that we have the correct inventory for projected sales including additional displays
- Manage to develop a weekly and monthly display plan including cross merchandising
- Responsible for ensuring OHSA, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Responsible for training and educating staff about cheeses and other products
- Ensures a positive customer experience, providing guests with a unique, enthusiastic and informational experience
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in the food industry as a cheese monger
- Professional Fromager Certificate, food safety certification or other relevant certifications would be an asset
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for cheese
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels to build teams and partnerships
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principle, methods, practices and techniques
- Knowledge of applicable policies and procedures, government regulations, Health and Safety, and Food Safety regulations
Please reply with your resume or a cover note describing your interest and experience for the job and be sure to include your contact information.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position and appreciate all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.