Terroni is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our passionate Marketing team, share our strong family values and love of Italian food, culture, and tradition. Beginning with our first small storefront on Queen West in 1992, we have grown to encompass nine restaurant locations in Toronto, including our two bakery restaurants operating under the banner of Sud Forno and our central kitchen, storefront, and cafe, Spaccio.
Our philosophy of how we do business, the core values we promote and our commitment to providing the best in food, wine, and customer service along with a generous helping of Italian culture have proven itself with the test of time.
If you are a design aficionado with a passion for all things creative and are driven to find fresh and innovative ways to communicate our brands and reach our audiences, we would love to have you consider a career with us. At Terroni you can look forward to starting each work day in a place that will offer you challenges, opportunities and personal rewards. We offer a competitive salary, beautiful locations to work from, dynamic and interesting people with whom to work, and lots more.
Duties of this Role
- Conceptualize, develop and design content and creative solutions to help achieve Marketing objectives
- Collaborate with team members and our external design agency on creative direction of Marketing campaigns
- Create multiple different versions of a similar product and produce graphics for various digital and print applications such as packaging, social media, newsletters, website content/UI and UX, editorial, menus, signage, flyers, merchandising and more.
- Conduct research, collect materials and create reports for projects that require graphical or installation work
- Verify that all Marketing collateral remains on brand and follows the company’s style guides
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with external design agencies, print shops, production studios and more
- Maintain an archive system to organize all design-related inventory
Skills and Qualifications
- Fluency in written and oral Italian favoured
- Degree in graphic design or related field
- A portfolio to demonstrate your design work
- Three to five years of solid graphic design experience
- Proven success in producing content that has achieved Marketing objectives
- Thrive under pressure when needed and in a fast and multi-project environment
- Patience to send creative designs through multiple approval processes and often work with several different people to get a job done
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient with print production
- Tech-savvy and a passion for all things multimedia from hardware to software
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and popular design programs
- Good to have – proficient in Video and Photo editing softwares (preferably Final Cut Pro and Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop)
- $65,000 + Benefits