Terroni is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our passionate team, share our strong family values and love of Italian culture and tradition. Beginning with our first small storefront on Queen West in 1992, we have grown to encompass seven restaurant locations in Toronto, including our two bakery restaurants operating under the banner of Sud Forno and our central kitchen, Spaccio.
Our philosophy of how we do business, the core values we promote and our commitment to providing the best in food, wine, and customer service along with a generous helping of Italian culture have proven itself with the test of time.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a warm and open personality, respect and value uniqueness, have a great work ethic and want to look forward to starting each work day in a place that will offer you challenges, opportunities and personal rewards, we would love to have you consider a career with us. We offer a competitive salary, beautiful locations, dynamic and interesting people with whom to work, and lots more.
Objectives of this Role
- Support the Marketing Director in the delivery of effective marketing programs to achieve company objectives
- Assist in a variety of marketing initiatives that drive brand awareness across marketing campaigns, promotions, and sales support
- Support the development and execution of sales and marketing materials, adapting scopes, timelines, and deliverables as needed for maximum benefit
- Build skill sets and engage in ongoing education for the company
- Lead internal and external marketing communication
- Maintain and evolve our family of brands by working alongside our design agency
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure appropriate marketing materials are used for branding, in-store promotions, events, partnerships and more.
Daily & Monthly Duties
- Collaborate with team members on sales and marketing campaigns, lead brainstorming sessions to develop marketing plans for internal and external projects
- Measure and report the success of marketing campaigns and the performance of the e-commerce store to then gain insight and assess against identified goals
- Conduct brand analysis, analyze all brand materials, guidelines, and ensure key messaging
- Spearhead event coordination and on-site production from photo and film shoots to set design for upcoming promotions
- Manage our Terroni website and La Bottega di Terroni e-commerce store to ensure they are always up-to-date alongside seasonal campaigns; including all new page/product development, ongoing image/banner/copy/menu updates, blog updates, etc.
- Develop and lead social media channels and establish new exposure through community relations
- Create and implement programs that effectively communicate the company’s values, commitment to providing the highest standards of service and our dedication to the quality and authenticity of our Italian products
- PR support when needed for incoming leads and customer support
Skills and Qualifications
- Fluency in written and oral presentation/conversation; Italian highly favoured
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Two plus years of solid marketing experience
- Hands-on experience developing campaigns from ideation to production
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment, working with a team and individually
- Exceptional oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud (including video editing)
- Proficient with Shopify and using third party apps to maximize store development
- Proficient with Mailchimp from designing newsletters to email marketing strategies
- Proficiency with WordPress, Hootsuite, GoDaddy, Dropbox, Weebly
- $60,000 to $80,000 per year